Handling and managing sensitive GIS information for county departments, works closely with GIS developer on managing web applications, and works with GIS analysts on special projects. Perform administrative duties as directed by GIS Director. Works with other County departments or outside agencies to develop and maintain specific GIS data and analysis and developing web applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and manage GIS databases for specialized projects
- Perform ArcGIS Online administration
- Creates ArcGIS online applications as needed
- Understanding of Survey 123 and ArcGIS Collector
- Provide technical guidance to GIS Analysts when needed
- Administer new users to the County GIS databases
- Manages and provides technical support for ArcGIS Server for effective operation of County GIS web applications
- Actively research evolving GIS technologies and learning new initiatives
- Provides GIS technical supports to departments within the County e.g. Emergency Management
- Conduct geocoding and geospatial analysis
- Assist with evaluating GIS vendors for proper acquisition and maintenance of GIS-related resources
- Assists in the development of project requirements and deliverables
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporated into documents and reports
- Performs specialized projects and analysis for the sheriff department for investigation. Maintain sex offender and crime databases
- Maintain map services and nightly scripts for cache processes
- Assists with the development of interactive web mapping applications
- GIS coordination and data sharing with other governmental agencies for emergency response
- Attend conferences and seminars to update skills on current technological trends
- Conduct presentations or training when needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Master of Science (GIS, Computer Science, or related Geosciences) preferred.
McHenry County offers an excellent benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Accident and Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, IMRF Pension Plan, Deferred Compensation Plan through Nationwide Retirement Solutions, Roth 457(B), Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and Holidays.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer.